Have you got a passion for working with very young children and are you looking to build a career within Early Education and Childcare? We have opportunities to suit you.
Grandpont is a welcoming, friendly and nurturing maintained setting near the centre of Oxford. We work within a very strong tradition of excellent early education and care, based on children learning through play and talk.
We are looking to recruit an Early Years Support Worker to join our fantastic staff team in our under 3’s room.
This is a new team made up of highly experienced & outstanding practitioners and we are looking to make additions that will complement this team. The childcare is part of an integrated centre, with a strong inclusive ethos.
We can offer training opportunities for you to complete a L2 or L3 childcare certificate if you are interested.
This is a permanent position and we are looking for someone to work 37 hours per week, all year round with holiday entitlement. The hours will be from 8.00am-6.00pm on four days a week, or over 5 days with 2 afternoons free.
- Good standard of numeracy and written and spoken English
- Ability to recognise and respond to children’s individual needs, interests and development
- Ability to form positive relationships and to communicate effectively with adults and children
- Ability to take initiative as and when appropriate.
- An understanding of learning through play
- Willingness to work cooperatively with the rest of the staff team.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and provision that responds to each individual child and family
- To work flexibly as & when required
- NVQ 2 or 3 or equivalent qualification in Early Years
- Understanding of Early Years Foundation Stage
- Experience of working with children aged 1–7 years
- Interest in completing the above qualifications
- Safeguarding training
- First Aid training
- Food Hygiene
- Experience of working with children with English as an additional language or with additional needs
- Ability to support and extend children’s all round development through a stimulating and challenging environment both indoors and outside
- Awareness of National Standards for early years services
Overall Purpose of Job
Participate in providing a stimulating & caring environment in which children’s developmental & welfare needs are met
Provide good quality inclusive care, education & play opportunities for children 1-7 years, by supporting a team of childcare staff
Contribute to Grandpont Nursery School and Childcare as a model to excellent practice
To contribute to a program of care, education and play opportunities within the Childcare environment for children from 1 to 7 years, working as part of the team, both indoors and outdoors
Demonstrate a flexible attitude within the working environment.
Observe and contribute to individual children’s records and to planning for their needs
Have some knowledge and understanding of the EYFS
Communicate effectively with children, parents and carers, and all staff in the center.
Contribute to planning for individual children to celebrate and extend their interests, wellbeing and learning
Have a commitment to personal and professional development
Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and tidy environment throughout the day.
Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Hygiene standards
Prepare for and receive supervision, using it as a tool for personal and professional development
Ensure at all times compliance with OFSTED, County Council and National standards
Be aware of the Grandpont Safeguarding Policy and procedures
Work according to the Centre and County Policies for Equal Opportunity, promoting positive behavior and attitudes generally, and particularly towards people in non-stereotypical gender roles, other cultures and with disabilities
Attend team meetings as required
Undertake such other duties as required by the Childcare Manager or Deputy Manager, including the possibility of working in other areas of the Centre
The place of work is Grandpont Nursery School and Childcare, Oxford.
This appointment is subject to:
- Satisfactory completion of DBS clearance
- Two satisfactory references being received
- Termination by one month’s notice on either side
Applicants are very welcome to visit us – please contact Lisa, the headteacher on email@example.com or call the school office on 01865 242900 to arrange a visit or for more information.
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Start date: As soon as possible.
Please be aware that the interviewing process will include a short session with the children.
Grandpont is committed to the safeguarding of children and the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.