Cygnets Preschool Vision
We will work together to make Cygnets Preschool the best it can be!
Cygnets Preschool is committed to providing outstanding quality childcare that supports individual needs, promotes self-esteem, curiosity, cultural diversity and equal opportunity, while promoting individual growth to its highest potential.
Cygnets Preschool believe that learning should be fun in order to be successful. When children are provided a safe, secure and stimulating environment and given the opportunity to learn through self-initiated and some directed activities in small and large groups, they learn through experimentation, enquiry and exploration by actively discovering concepts at their own pace. Our topics support the child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth and encourage the continued growth and education of families and staff.
A fundamental part of our beliefs is communication, primarily strong links between home and preschool and the communication between staff and parents/carers. This relationship is facilitated through a steady stream of information from our staff and administrator to parents via e-mail, daily or weekly journals, newsletters, closed Facebook updates, and an open-door policy for any and all questions and concerns.
Our Mission Statement
- Provide high standards of learning and teaching offering a high quality preschool education with a broad balanced curriculum building on and extending the children’s interests through play, encouraging them to be successful learners.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages individual, social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth in children from two years to four and a half years.
- Participation in consistent team work between staff and parents/carers.
- Respect individual needs and differences, responding appropriately to the needs of its children, parents/carers, staff and the community.
- To encourage independence, perseverance and concentration.
- To ensure a smooth transition from one stage to the next.
- To ensure each child is equally valued and to value childhood as a stage of life.
- To develop an awareness, understanding and respect for the rich diversity of the local community, celebrating each other’s differences.
Our Core Values -
- Believe in the potential of each person
- Value teamwork because cooperative efforts produce superior results
- Recognise that individuals contribute more when given more authority and accountability at their disposal
- Show respect and concern for each other
- Value diversity
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable work environment that offers personal job satisfaction and professional growth
- Know parents’ requirements and expectations, and working to meet and exceed them
- Define our services to the parents up front in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate personal commitment to providing excellent childcare and a broad balanced curriculum building on and extending the children’s interests through play, encouraging them to be successful learners
- Believe that everything can be improved
- Achieve excellence in maintaining a safe, healthy and clean child friendly preschool
- Take ownership and pride in what we do
- Treat others the way we want to be treated
- Demonstrate integrity in all our relationships
- Maintain honest and ethical behaviour in all our activities
- Place high priority on building trust
- Consistently do what we say we will do
- Communicate candidly, frankly and constructively
- Have exemplary relationships with children and their parents/carers
- Be innovative, creative, productive and efficient
- Challenge and review past practices for continuous improvement
- Exercise personal initiative
- Listen and share ideas with others
- Be proactive in creating change that can lead to our achieving greater success
- Current judgement
- Ofsted URN
- EY267146Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 22/01/2008 Integrated Good 18/10/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 02/12/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 02/12/2015 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 28/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 15/05/2019 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Mrs Hayley Durbin
- Contact Position
- 07738 118875 07738 118875
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Cygnets Preschool
c/o Langford Village CP School
- OX26 6SX
- View OX26 6SX on a map
- £21.00 Per session
- £45.50 Per day
- £7.00 Per hour
The above costs are based on a 2 year old/preschooler attending, without funding.
For 3-4 year old preschool places (without funding), the following charges apply
- AM or PM session of 3 hours - £18.00 (£6.00 ph)
- Wraparound session of 3.5 hours (morning or afternoon) - £21.00
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years to 4 years
- Providing services to
0 - 4 years (pre-school)
- Supporting people with
Mental health conditions
Autistic Spectrum Condition
- Wheelchair access
- Accessible parking available. Provision is situated in a portacabin with very limited space but can be adapted to care for a disabled child.
- Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
Moderate learning difficulties
Speech, language and communication difficulties
Disabilities affecting mobility
Profound and complex disabilities
Conditions requiring medical support
Able to assist with moving and handling
Able to administer medication
- This provider has experience of meeting the needs of disabled children.Provider is interested in developing the care for children with specific requirements/disabled children.
- Provision for special dietary needs
- Can make special cultural provisions
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Universal - 15 Hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Extended - 30 Hours)
- Term time only or stretched over more than 38 weeks
- Term Time
- Offering split funding with other providers
- Partnership settings
- Langford Village School Nursery
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 8.45am 3:15pm
Messy Play Area
Accessible changing facilities
Arts and crafts
Does offer school pickups
- Langford Village Community Primary School
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely