MyLiferaft: An online toolkit of features to help others get to know and understand your child. You stay in control. Less stress.
Founded by Nicola Murgatroyd, who was mother/carer/advocate/friend to her daughter, Faith. Faith had multiple and complex needs requiring 24/7 care which Nicola had to manage and co-ordinate when also being a working mother with other children. Based on her experiences and the results of talking with other parents and carers Nicola created MyLiferaft for the benefit of everyone caring or being cared for.
MyLiferaft gives you one single place to add and store information about your child, be that their likes and dislikes, how to provide personal care, a daily journal, a record of trips to the GP/hospital, operations, test results or details about their education or of a care, education, occupational therapy plan. You chose which tools and features you want to use.
All this information is then at your fingertips and you no longer have to rely on memory. If necessary, you can share it with others, either directly or via printed reports, reducing the need of repetition and the worry of holding all the information yourself or having others keep it on your behalf. Reduces repetition and gives peace of mind.
Sharing allows those that help you know and understand your child better leading to a more consistent approach of support, which means less stress for you and your child.
Using MyLiferaft lets you:
- Store health, well-being and care information in one accessible place (24/7)
- Create an Emergency Card for your child to carry
- Create a hospital passport
- Record hospital/GP visits, operations, test results, medications
- Keep track and be reminded of appointments and assessments.
- Share your care information with those who support you.
- Track information over time, e.g weight, mood, blood pressure, temperature
- Monitor achievements and set new goals.
- Maintain continuity of care even if you can't be there in person.
- Use reports as part of a handover to a new carer, a teacher, another parent, the GP or therapist.
- Access a database of helpful resources
Who Can Use MyLiferaft?
Parents need to set up their own account they then add and manage an account for their child. Anyone you want to share information with will need an email address and they are then invited to create their own account in order to be able to accept your invitation and see information you are sharing. Once sharing you can message the person directly from within the app and they can add comments (but not change) information. Comments remain private until you chose to make them visible.
You can delegate management of the account to another person if needed or pass the ownership back to the person you support. The product can be used for life so the information stays with them wherever they are.