Little Acorns Pre-school Kingsmere
Little Acorns Pre-school is a nurturing community preschool, which inspires creativity, a love of learning and community mindedness. Children feel happy, secure and valued, as do their parents and caregivers, who we believe are a ‘ ... (child’s) first and most enduring educators.’ Parents can confidently leave their children secure in the knowledge that their child will receive the highest standards of care and early years education.
The ethos underpinning all we do is ‘learning through play’. At Little Acorns we are inclusive and offer children a stimulating environment where their individuality is respected and valued. We promote a child-centred approach to learning, as we endeavour to ensure every child develops and reaches their full potential on their Learning Journey.
We promote all areas of children’s learning and development, and work towards them becoming confident and independent, both in their self-care and approach to learning and in preparation for their transition to nursery or reception class. We do this by providing play activities appropriate for their stage of development in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We welcome all children whatever their individual needs may be and acknowledge and respect every child’s unique and special talents. All children have the right to be educated and to develop their full potential. At Little Acorns, we respect each child’s diversity and strive to create an environment that nurtures a feeling of belonging, stability, consistency and caring. We believe that having an inclusive policy benefits all children, and positively reflects the diversity of our society.
At Little Acorns Pre-school Kingsmere we encourage all children to be kind and to be brave as they grow with us.
- Current judgement
- Ofsted URN
- 2523557Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 22/09/2021 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 08/02/2022 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Alison Jones
- Contact Position
- Little Acorns Pre-school Manager
- 07554 615163 07554 615163
- Scan to visit this website
Little Acorns Pre-school is based on the ever growing Kingsmere estate in Bicester. We provide term time provision for children aged 2 years to 5 years. We offer flexible sessions for both funded and non-funded children. Funded provision can be combined with non-funded provision and you can use all or some of your funding on a combination of sessions that suits you (subject to availability and opening times). All hours used above the funded allocation will be charged at £5 an hour.
Where to go
- Little Acorns Pre-school Kingsmere
Kingsmere Community Centre
- OX26 1EG
- View OX26 1EG on a map
- Other notes
We believe health and wellbeing is vital and as well as focusing on this within our daily Pre-school setting, we also offer sing and sign sessions and weekly Rugbytots classes.
- Wheelchair access
- All of our site has wheelchair access.
- Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
Moderate learning difficulties
Speech, language and communication difficulties
Aspergers syndrome or autistic spectrum disorders
Epipen Trained (severe allergy reaction)
Behaviour, emotional or social difficulties
Conditions requiring medical support
Complex health needs
Mental Health issues eg anxiety, depression, OCD...
Toileting requirements owing to child having difficulties
Global Developmental Delay
Diabetes Type 1: blood glucose testing and injecting insulin
Able to administer medication
- Provision for special dietary needs
- We have experience with food allergies such as milk, egg and peanut as well as cultural dietary requirements.
- Can make special cultural provisions
- Little Acorns Pre-school Kingsmere supports families within the community from a variety of cultural backgrounds and promotes the inclusion of these experiences within the setting.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2 to 5 (spaces available = )
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Universal - 15 Hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Extended - 30 Hours)
- Term time only or stretched over more than 38 weeks
- Term Time
- Offering split funding with other providers
- Partnership settings
- St Edburg's Church of England School
- 30 hour summary
- Other - please specify
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Thursday 8:30am 3:00pm
Messy Play Area
Visit & Outings
Accessible changing facilities
Pet Small Mammals
Arts and crafts
Does offer school pickups
- St Edburg's Church of England School
- We offer shared provision with St Edburg's Church of England School and work with them closely to ensure we can offer provision between the two settings.
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely