Who We Are
The Abingdon Damascus Youth Project (a voluntary and registered charity) prides itself on enabling young people to make a positive difference within their own communities. Our team is made up of enthusiastic, qualified youth workers who have a passion for seeing change in young people’s lives.
Roxy has more than 10 years experience working with young people. She loves engaging with them on their turf and wants to spends as much time out the office and on the streets as possible.
James is the newest member of our team, currently undertaking a BA in Youth and Community Work, he has been working with young people for 7 years and loves chatting about the deep stuff to challenge behavior and choices.
Where We Work
We have been embedded in the rural villages of Drayton, Appleford, Milton, Sutton Courtenay and Steventon for almost 20 years and recently changed our constitution so work throughout the South and Vale in Oxfordshire.
What We Do
Rooted within these contiguous communities the trustees employ and manage qualified and very able and credible youth workers who are dedicated to make change happen by facilitating and supporting young people within their own community and family environment so that young people become positive contributors on their own doorsteps and also bridge the gap between home and school.
So if you…
- are worried about a young person
- want help setting up a community project
- want an issue based workshop in your school or community
- need help with finding Educaiton, Employment or Training opportunities
- want youth voices in a community consulation
- need a friendly ear
- want to get involved in youth work
- want to come to one of our many sessions
- need some one to one support
… then don’t hesitate to get in touch!