We are looking for caring and enthusiastic practitioners to work within our setting to help provide a stimulating and nurturing environment for children with additional needs. We are focused on providing outstanding provision to the children in our care and building the best team of staff to do so.
Everyone who works at Little Acorns Pre-school Kingsmere has responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children.
Little Acorns Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require two references and a Staff Disqualification Declaration. The successful candidate will be required to have a clear DBS check and to sign up for the DBS Update Service.
Commitment to Safeguarding Children:
- To ensure awareness of Pre-School policy and procedures regarding Child Protection.
- To become aware of the signs and symptoms of abuse by attending relevant courses.
- To report all causes for concern to the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- To ensure the safety of all children in the setting both indoor and outdoor.
- To carry out risk assessments prior to activities.
We already have two SEND Practitioners and are looking for more as we continue to grow.
Purpose of the role:
To work with children with additional needs 1:1 and in small groups. To enjoy playing alongside children, igniting their imagination and encouraging a life-long love of learning. To be fun and professional, showing compassion and a love for children and families.
Main duties and essential criteria; (to cover but not limited too)
1. Work 1:1 with children with additional needs.
2. Work with the Manager/SENCo alongside external agencies to support children and their families keeping children at the heart of everything you do.
3. Is flexible, patient and cheerful.
4. Can establish a professional relationship with all staff and be a team player.
5. Can promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward positive behaviour.
6. Has a talent for nurturing the emotional wellbeing of children
Experience of working with children with additional needs would be an advantage, however a flexible and inclusive attitude, ability to pick up new things quickly and a willingness to learn are vital.
Closing date: none given