OASIS is a friendly charity run by parents for parents/carers who are bringing up children/young adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder or related conditions such as Global Developmental Delay or Sensory Processing Disorder in Oxfordshire.
We welcome families who have an ASD diagnosis for their child and also those going through the assessment process.
OASIS aims to create a supportive community through family events, informal coffee and chat groups, evening speaker meetings and subsidised play days which run all over the county.
Available for anyone to attend
- Coffee and Chats are held once a month (Term Time only) in Oxford, Abingdon, Wantage and Didcot check our website for dates/times
- Clinic Is held once a year, you're able to book slots with an array of professionals to talk about your individual circumstances and get some useful hints and tips
- Evening Meetings are where we have a professional speaker come and talk about there chosen Fields, previous topics have included emotional regulation, sensory processing, SEN reforms, girls with ASD and Lego Therapy.
Requires Membership to access
- Play days in all school holidays, providing a wide range of safe and enjoyable activities for our autistic children, siblings and their families.
- Book Library We have a very well-resourced book library for members to borrow from,
- Sensory Library will work in a similar way to our book library. You can borrow items, try at home and then return (Coming 2020)
OASIS do not have offices as all our administration is run by volunteers working from their homes.