Farmer Gow's offers 3 workshops for adults, children and families.
Each workshop includes lots and lots of 'hands on' farm animal experiences.
Caring For Chickens at Home
This is a great workshop for beginners. We cover all the basics at a relaxed pace over 2-hours.
* Daily life of a chicken, Breeds, Handling
* Housing & Equipment, Feed/Water & Grit, Egg Laying, Other family pets
* Ageing chickens, Integrating chickens, Wing clipping
* Cleaning, Litter
* The weather - British seasons
* Vaccinations, Predators, Pest control, Worming, Avian Bird Flu
* 2 hours interactive 'hands on' with chicks, pullets and laying birds
* Question & Answer - we encourage questions
* Day Ticket entry and use of the farm park facilities - before &/or after the workshop
* Sun 21 Aug, 2.30-4.30 pm
* Fri 9 Sep, 2.30-4.30 pm
* Sun 11 Sep, 2.30-4.30 pm
* Fri 14 Oct, 2.30-4.30 pm
* Sun 16 Oct, 2.30-4.30 pm