Early Years Practitioner Required
(Temporary until April 2020 with a possibility of extending to July 2020)
Do you love working with children? Are you able to provide an excellent standard of childcare? If so we have an exciting opportunity for a part time practitioner to join our thriving pre-school.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- hold a Level 3 or higher qualification in childcare (NVQ or equivalent) or working towards
- have a sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as well as the OFSTED standards
- have previous experience working within a key worker system, carrying out observations, planning and assessments, tracking the children's progress and contributing to their individual learning journals
- have a good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- demonstrate a flexible approach to the role by attending staff meetings and training courses
- have some knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
- hold a current and up to date DBS.
The appointed candidate will show to be imaginative and enthusiastic, have excellent organisational, communication and people skills and most importantly have a passion for working with children.
The position is for Tuesday 8.45 am – 2.45 pm, Wednesday 8.45 am – 11.45 am, Thursday 8.45 am – 2.45 pm. The position will be available from September 2019. Pay will be discussed with the successful candidate depending on experience and qualifications.
Please phone or send a letter asking for an application form (no CV’s) to Mrs Karen Thorne Peachcroft Pre-school, Community Centre, Lindsay Drive, Abingdon, Oxon OX14 2RT.
If you wish to have an informal chat regarding the post then please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Karen Thorne (Early Years Manager) on 01235 555808.
Peachcroft Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Preferred candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check).