Our aim is to ensure that families with disabled children have the support they need to live ordinary lives as a matter of course.
We have commissioned a variety of organisations to provide short breaks for disabled children and their families.
- Disabled children and young people with an opportunity to spend time away from their parents, relaxing and having fun with their friends.
- Families with a 'break' from their caring responsibilities; they give families a chance to unwind, rest or spend time with their other children.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that we listen to all disabled children, act on their views and provide them with choices.
- ensuring all disabled children and their families are supported to take part in and enjoy local community life, wherever possible using local childcare facilities, leisure and recreational activities.
- ensuring that parents and carers are supported to become equal partners in making decisions about service developments and priorities.
Please see the commissioned providers calendar (on righthand side of this webpage) as this holds dates for when our commissioned providers are planning to run their 2019 activities. The calendar is held within the "downloads" section on the righthand side of this webpage. ** Please note - these dates are for guidance only and may be subject to change. **