The Oxfordshire School Inclusion Team supports schools in their work with vulnerable groups and pupils with special educational needs. We offer a range of support around dyslexia and other literacy difficulties, including:
- The Oxfordshire Literacy Difficulties Policy and Advice, including the Literacy Asssessment Pack (LAPack),
- Training for staff on the nature of dyslexia and other literacy difficulties,
- Training to develop inclusive teaching to be a dyslexia friendly school,
- Support for the development of intervention,
- Support for development of diagnostic assessment in order to better understand how to meet the needs of individual pupils,
- Support to ensure your access arrangements and exam concessions are effective and meeting JCQ guidelines
- We can provide qualified Level 7 assessors to conduct your assessments to support exam concessions for public examinations and tests.
We also offer a number of training courses for teachers and teaching assistants(TAs), including:
- SpLD for Teachers,
- Dyslexia for TAs,
- Fischer Family Trust Reading Programme
- Write Away Together
- Hi Five
For teachers and TAs wanting to specialise further in literacy difficulties, we teach on the Level 7 Oxford Brookes course 'Working with children and young people with literacy difficulties'.
This service is bought in by schools, either over the academic year, or on a pay as you go basis. See the OXSIT website www.oxsit.org.uk or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.