Lord Williams's School Day Nursery is a committee-led day nursery and registered charity.
We provide care for children in and around Thame offering a stimulating, caring and secure environment with a fun loving and family atmosphere. We are on the Arriva 280 bus route that runs between Aylesbury and Oxford which offers a frequent and reliable service and if driving we are situated close to the M40 motorway with easy links to High Wycombe, Oxford and surrounding areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Nursery Practitioner looking for more responsibility within a busy nursery environment.
The Role - as Senior Nursery Practitioner, you will:
- Oversee the smooth running of the Baby Room, Toddler and Preschool rooms.
- Assist with the planning of age appropriate, challenging and stimulating adult led activities, meeting the individual needs of children taking into account their interests and stage of development alongside our Early Years Teacher.
- Provide the highest levels of care and attention to children.
- Provide a good role model to the whole team, communicating effectively with them, the children and their families and all users of the nursery.
- Be a key person for a group of children and build strong relationships with them and their families. You will plan and observe children regularly, assessing and developing their learning to ensure they are progressing.
- Ensure the team are carrying out their duties and support them to achieve targets where necessary.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their families and all visitors and users of the nursery. Take the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead in the absence of the Deputy and Nursery Manager.
- Mentor and support apprentice Nursery Practitioners, unqualified Nursery Practitioners and students, helping them meet requirements.
- Be responsible for locking/unlocking the nursery when needed.
- Level 3 in Childcare.
- GCSE’s at grade C or above in Maths & English
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and sound knowledge of child development.
- Secure knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- A good knowledge of relevant Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Fire and Emergency regulations.
- An understanding of the statutory and operational guidance from OFSTED.
- A positive attitude towards your work and ability to manage change.
- Reliable, trustworthy and honest with a good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Ability to use discretion and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use creativity to help plan and implement learning projects and themes.
- Health and Safety qualification for example, Paediatric First Aid certificate and Food Hygiene training.
- At least 2 years previous experience of working in a nursery.
What we offer
- A competitive salary in the region of £19,465 to £20,152 including holiday pay.
- Online benefits portal offering a range of special offers, discounts and last minute deals saving you money on everyday items and lifestyle purchases at over 200 highstreets and online retailers.
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee childcare discounts
- In-house training and career development opportunities
- On site free car parking
- Company pension scheme
- Staff social events
- Subsidised Annual Christmas event
Working hours: 8 hours per day plus 1-hour unpaid lunch break; shifts between the hours of 7.30am - 5.15pm. We work 44 weeks per year term time, including half terms and 2 weeks summer club. Holidays are taken when the nursery is closed.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role in more detail, please contact Sonjia Nicholson, Nursery Manager on 01844.260231 or for an application form email@example.com
Closing date: none given
Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory medical, reference and DBS clearance and The Asylum and Immigration Act ID checks.
Lord Williams’s School Day Nursery is a registered charity; number 1089101