Lead Nursery Practitioner required - salary up to £24,094 plus £500 bonus upon successful completion of probationary period.
We provide care for children in and around Thame offering a stimulating, caring and secure environment with a fun loving and family atmosphere. We are on the Arriva 280 bus route that runs between Aylesbury and Oxford which offers a frequent and reliable service and if driving we are situated close to the M40 motorway with easy links to High Wycombe, Oxford and surrounding areas.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Lead Nursery Practitioner looking for more responsibility within a busy nursery environment.
The Role - as Lead Nursery Practitioner, you will:
- Oversee the smooth running of the Baby Room, Toddler and Preschool rooms.
- Assist with the planning of age appropriate, challenging and stimulating adult led activities, meeting the individual needs of children taking into account their interests and stage of development.
- Provide the highest levels of care and attention to children.
- Provide a good role model to the whole team, communicating effectively with them, the children and their families and all users of the nursery.
- Be a key person for a group of children and build strong relationships with them and their families. You will plan and observe children regularly, assessing and developing their learning to ensure they are progressing.
- Ensure the team are carrying out their duties and support them to achieve targets where necessary alongside the Quality and Performance Officer, Deputy and Nursery Manager.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and their families and all visitors and users of the nursery. Take the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead in the absence of the Deputy and Nursery Manager.
- Mentor and support apprentice Nursery Practitioners, unqualified Nursery Practitioners and students, helping them meet requirements working alongside the Quality and Performance Officer.
- Be responsible for locking/unlocking the nursery when needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
Level 3 in Childcare essential with at least 2 years experience.
- Experience and sound knowledge of child development.
- Secure knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, relevant Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Fire and Emergency regulations and an understanding of the statutory and operational guidance from OFSTED.
Working hours: 8 hours per day plus 1-hour unpaid lunch break; shifts between the hours of 7.30am - 5.15pm. We work 44 weeks per year term time, including half terms and 2 weeks summer club. Holidays are taken when the nursery is closed.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about the role in more detail, please contact Sonjia Nicholson, Nursery Manager on 01844 260231 or for an application form firstname.lastname@example.org