What is important to us (our values):
Ensuring that children and young adults with learning disabilities get the best possible education.
What we do:
- Ensure that pupils are respected as individuals and not defined by social, medical or psychological labels.
- Determine, by comprehensive assessment, each child’s specific educational needs.
- Deliver a broad an balanced curriculum through highly structured and motivating individual teaching programmes and through well planned and differentiated group activities.
- Celebrate with children their achievements both in and out of school.
- Talk about our pupils in a positive and informative way at all times and maintain and improve excellent links with the local community.
- Provide every pupil with a minimum of half a day of inclusion within a local mainstream class.
How and when we do it:
The school day runs from 9:00 - 3:30 Monday to Friday. We also offer additional educational opportunities on some evenings and during the school holidays.
Who we offer this service to:
Children and young adults who are receipt of a Statement of Special Educational Needs.