Action for Carers Oxfordshire support family carers including those bringing up children and young adults with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
We offer a variety of opportunities for parents/carers to help them spend time on themselves:
We also offer opportunities for parents to volunteer as a carers friend helping parents who need someone to talk to. Free DBS check will be undertaken. Contact email@example.com if you can spare some time to help other parents.
- Max Card https://mymaxcard.co.uk/ The Max Card is the UK’s leading discount card for foster families and families of children with additional needs. Families can use their Max Card at venues across the UK to get free or discounted admission contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
- Respite - me time for the carer- A care worker would go to the home to support the looked after individual allowing the carer free time to do something for themselves. This is dependent on an assessment from the service and being able to provide a qualified care worker for the individual, but it is running now so is still available. Email email@example.com to request support.
- Home visits for carers who would like support to use a gadget or computer. Call Susan Linnett on 07518 300387 and let her know that Michelle Evans gave you the details.
- Free courses made for carers to enjoy: mindfulness, yoga, creative writing and much more https://abingdon-witney.ac.uk/course-search?course-area=a-carers-journey&courseType=part-time&campus=&q=
- £50 towards any part time course https://abingdon-witney.ac.uk/part-time-evening/ email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a bursary when you have chosen a course.
- Workshops and events. Usually these include days out but right now most workshops are offered by Zoom - Email email@example.com to find out what’s on offer
- Help to apply for a Blue Badge email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about support.
Improving lives for family carers.