Action for Carers Oxfordshire support adult carers including those bringing up children and young adults with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
Our service provides access to information and advice and promotes the well-being and learning of parents and carers.
We offer a variety of free opportunities for parents/carers to spend time on themselves, to relax to meet other carers in similar situations, to learn and be listened to, including:
- Days out
- Information events with advice from professionals
- Creative sessions
- Workshops to help you practically at home such as moving someone safely, personal care and first aid, others help maintain your welelbeing such as Mindfullness, building resilience, emotional literacy and aromatherapy.
- A course to help you when someone you cared for goes into a residential setting or you are bereaved.
- A financial bursary to help you take up a local leisure and learning part time course such as (but not limited to) watercolours, photography learning a new language (T&Cs apply).
- Digital Resources provide online information and advice about your rights, working and caring, nutrition and other matters connected to caring.
- We can also link you to other organisations for help and support.
We also offer opportunities for parents to volunteer for our carers friend role helping support parents who need someone to talk to. Free DBS check will be undertaken.
Our aim is to improve lives for carers.