Are you a talented and ambitious Early Years teacher looking for the next step in your career? St James CE Primary School may have just the challenge for you!
We are looking to strengthen our leadership team with the addition of an inspiring and innovative classroom teacher to be EYFS Phase Leader. The recent merger of the school with the pre-school has created an exciting opportunity for the right person to really make a difference and develop an outstanding Early Years Phase.
We can offer:
- An enthusiastic, hardworking and friendly team
- New purpose built classrooms
- Fabulous outdoor learning areas
- A school that sits at the very heart of the community
- Curious and inquisitive children with a desire to learn
- Support from the wider Vale Academy Trust, including CPD opportunities
- Dedicated leadership time
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Is an outstanding practitioner
- Has a proven track record of ensuring a positive impact on pupil outcomes
- Has a comprehensive understanding of EYFS pedagogy and an ability to embed this philosophy throughout the Phase
- Has leadership experience and the ability to build a strong and cohesive team
- Has high aspirations for all pupils’ achievement, behaviour and emotional development
- Is inspirational and passionate about learning and has the ability to inspire others
- Values inclusion
- Will take risks and try new and innovative ways of working
- Has a clear commitment to driving change through our school vision and values
- Will uphold the Christian ethos of the school
- To teach Reception or Year 1
- To lead the Early Years (Nursery through to Year 1) from good to outstanding
- To be a proactive member of the whole school leadership team
- To ensure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils across the team
- To be accountable for the day to day management and organisation of the Early Years
- To promote the wellbeing of staff and pupils in the school with particular reference to the Early Years
- Ensure all statutory and school assessments are undertaken and to be accountable for standards within the Early Years
- To keep abreast of local and national changes in the Early Years policy and practice and lead on implementation accordingly
- To monitor and review the policies, practices, and priorities in our Early Years provision.
- To lead on coordinating an effective Early Years Action Plan.
- To lead and develop outstanding Early Years provision including the physical environment.
- To lead and co-ordinate assessment across the Early Years, maximising pupil and parental engagement
- To ensure the successful transition of pupils from other settings, and into KS1.
- To line manage and support the professional development of the Early Years team.
- To ensure all safeguarding and welfare requirements are met.
- To be an exemplary role model for other members of staff.
- To have a thorough grasp of current educational issues