At HEROS Education we welcome students aged 14-16 to join our enrichment programme. We aim to build confidence, self-esteem and reengage students with learning.
Post 16 we offer a diploma (for students with an EHCP) and apprenticeships for those young people looking for a career in racing or working with horses more generally.
Through working with our ex racehorse students on all levels benefit from:
- Widen the horizons and increase employability opportunities of those seeking work
- Offer confidence and life-changing skills through practical knowledge in the handling of horses and an understanding their needs
- Give training, advice and ongoing support on all aspects of the job search
- The Flexible alternative provision includes enrichement days on a ‘roll on, roll off’ basis. (1 - 2 days a week, term time only)
- Diploma level 1 and 2 in horse care (6- 12 months) for students with an EHCP
- Apprenticeships over 12 to 18 months
The days of the week that our education provision is delivered on are;
- Monday – Apprenticeships and diploma
- Tuesday - Apprenticeships and diploma
- Wednesday - Apprenticeships, diploma, and enrichment
- Thursday- Apprenticeships, diploma on work experience
- Friday- Apprenticeships and enrichment