Mortimer Hall Pre-School
Mortimer Hall Pre-School provides high quality care and education for children below statutory school age. We place a strong emphasis on providing a wealth of interesting activities and offer large indoor and outdoor spaces for children to further their learning. We work in partnership with parents and the local primary school to help us produce good outcomes for children.
We operate a key person system and place high importance on building the relationship between each child and their key person We have been praised by Ofsted for the “very warm attachments between children and staff”.
We add to the life and well-being of the local community and offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
- Current judgement
- Ofsted URN
- EY496790Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 19/02/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 30/10/2018 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Janet Crane
- Contact Position
- 01865 604208 01865 604208 07818 236348 07818 236348
- Scan to visit this website
We offer sessions from Monday to Friday. We run morning sessions from 9am to 12pm and all day sessions from 9am to 3pm. We have retained the following elements of our COVID-19 awareness planning:-
- Be aware of social distancing at arrival and departure times.
- Children to bring a named bottle of water – normal snack will be provided with a choice of milk or water but we will not have a water dispenser for children to use during the session. We will refill them as needed.
- Please try to walk or cycle to pre-school to avoid taking up car park spaces as we may need the space for social distancing at arrival and departure times.
Government guidelines state that they recognise it is virtually impossible for young children to socially distance and we will encourage it but have to accept that they will mix within the group.
The children will wash their hands on a regular basis and staff will encourage them to ensure it is being done properly. We may also use hand sanitiser. All equipment will be cleaned on a regular basis.
We rely upon you as parents to keep us informed of any illness and not to bring your child if they or any member of your household has covid-19 symptoms.
We are Ofsted rated "Good" across the board. We can offer places to eligible two year funded children.
Where to go
- OX3 0PH
- View OX3 0PH on a map
- £15.00 Per session
- Age Ranges
- 2 - 4 years
- Providing services to
0 - 4 years (pre-school)
- Wheelchair access
- Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
Moderate learning difficulties
Speech, language and communication difficulties
Aspergers syndrome or autistic spectrum disorders
Profound and complex disabilities
Behaviour, emotional or social difficulties
Disabilities affecting mobility
Able to administer medication
- Provision for special dietary needs
- All staff have up to date food hygiene certificate
- Can make special cultural provisions
- 2 year old funding
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Universal - 15 Hours)
- 3 & 4 year old funding (Extended - 30 Hours)
- Term time only or stretched over more than 38 weeks
- Term Time
- Offering split funding with other providers
- Partnership settings
- St. Nicholas's Primary School
- Other - please specify
- We offer a wraparound service with St Nicholas's Primary School
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 9:00am 3:00pm
Visit & Outings
Arts and crafts
Accessible changing facilities
Does offer school pickups
- St Nicholas' Primary School (Oxford)
- Children who have a place at St. Nicholas Foundation Stage are walked to and from the school (not restricted to afternoons)
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely