What is Lights Up ?
Lights Up was established in 2012 to give people with dementia living in West Oxfordshire, and their carers a chance to engage in stimulating activities filled with laughter and fun.
- Painting and seasonal craft making
- Music, singing, drama & dance
- Reading and poetry
- Social outings (e.g. theatre, cinema)
Lights Up also offers specialist dementia information, advice, and guidance.
Sessions are led by dementia specialists and dementia trained local artists.
All sessions conclude with a nice chat, refreshments & cake!
How can Lights Up help?
People who come to Lights up tell us that it helps them in many ways:
- Reduced stress & anxiety
- Reduced loneliness & social isolation
- Regained confidence & self-esteem
- Shared enjoyment with family & friends
- New skills and experiences
- Opportunity for self-expression
- Peer support