Autism Family Support Oxfordshire is a charity that provides support to children and young people aged 0-25 years old, with a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Condition(ASC), and their families; who live within Oxfordshire or access services in Oxfordshire such as schools or a GP. They offer support to families by providing information, training, workshops and networking. The charity aims to maintain links with local groups, statutory bodies and keep abreast of national developments in the field of ASC.
• support and information to Oxfordshire parent/carers
• youth groups for young people with an autism diagnosis, but without a Learning Disability
• holiday activities for young people with an autism diagnosis, but without a Learning Disability
• training for parents, professionals and young people including social skills, sensory processing, challenging behaviour, sexuality and relationships, autism awareness, and bespoke training.
Families, young adults on the spectrum and professionals can make a referral using the forms on our website.
Our youth groups for young people with Asperger's Syndome are:
- Wednesdays 6:30pm-9pm 16-21 year olds, Headington, Oxford
- Thursdays 5pm-7pm 13-18 year olds, Abingdon (STUFF) - THIS GROUP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Fridays 6:30pm-8:30pm 13-16 year olds, Wolvercote
- Saturdays 10am-12noon 8-12year olds, Wolvercote
If you are interested in the youth groups please complete an application form which can be found on our website. For more information about our activities and youth groups please email email@example.com