Autism Family Support Oxfordshire is a charity that provides support to children and young people aged 0-25 years old, with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families; who live within Oxfordshire or access services in Oxfordshire such as schools or a GP. They offer support to families by providing information, training, workshops and networking. The charity aims to maintain links with local groups, statutory bodies and keep abreast of national developments in the field of ASD.
• support and information to Oxfordshire parent/carers
• youth groups for young people with Asperger's Syndrome (see below)
• holiday activities for young people with Asperger's Syndrome
• training for parents, professionals and young people including social skills, sensory processing, challenging behaviour, sexuality and relationships, autism awareness, and bespoke training.
Families, young adults on the spectrum and professionals can make a referral using the forms on our website.
Our youth groups for young people with Asperger's Syndome are:
- Wednesdays 6:30pm-9pm 16-21 year olds, Headington, Oxford
- Thursdays 5pm-7pm 13-18 year olds, Abingdon (STUFF)
- Fridays 6:30pm-8:30pm 13-16 year olds, Wolvercote
- Saturdays 10am-12noon 8-12year olds, Wolvercote
If you are interested in the youth groups please complete an application form which can be found on our website.