Embracing Autism is an online 8 week course for parents of recently diagnosed children of any age including teens. It covers all the information you will need, to understand and support your child in the early weeks and months after diagnosis.
- Coping and Behaviour at School and Home
Sensory Processing (including Eating)
- Social Communication and Interaction
- Anxiety & Stress
- Sensory and Emotional Regulation
Click here to register: https://courses.theyarethefuture.co.uk/embracing-autism-parent-course
We have made the course easily accessible for you. Every Monday a new topic is released, with a set of videos for you to watch (40-60 minutes total per week). You can watch them on desktop or mobile, or even listen whilst driving or preparing a meal!
In the final (8th) week we invite you to attend a Live Online Workshop on Zoom. If you can't watch live, you will be able to watch the replay inside your membership portal.
The course is an exciting collaboration between Everlief and other autism professionals:
- Dr Lucy Russell, Clinical Psychologist, Everlief
- Dr Marcelina Watkinson, Clinical Psychologist, Everlief
- Dr Cassie Coleman, Consultant Community Paediatrician, www.drcassie.co.uk
- Aimee Laming, Specialist Speech & Language Therapist, Speech Therapy Matters Ltd and Moulsford Preparatory School
- Nicci Paine, Clinical Specialist Occupational Therapist, LEAP Children's Therapy
If you have any questions about the course, please don't hesitate to email Lucy Russell directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Dr Lucy Russell
- Contact Position
- Clinical Psychologist
- 01494 521331 01494 521331
- Scan to visit this website
The Embracing Autism course is for you if your child has recently been diagnosed. It is also suitable if your child is on a waiting list to be assessed for autism. By the end of the course you will have a deeper understanding of your child and how to help them thrive. You will understand how to support their social skills and confidence and their emotional development.
Where to go
This is the price for the whole course.
- Age Ranges
- Referral required
- Providing services to
0 - 4 years (pre-school)
4 - 11 years (primary school age)
11 - 16 years (secondary school age)
- Supporting people with
Mental health conditions
Autistic Spectrum Condition
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely