We are the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury. Our national specialist centre is in Tadworth, Surrey, where we provide rehabilitation to children with acquired brain injury and specialist medical/transitional care to children with complex health needs. We also run The Children’s Trust School, a non-maintained residential special school in Tadworth for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex health needs. Our other services include expert community-based support for children with acquired brain injury and online support for families via our Brain Injury Hub website.
The Children's Trust
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Children's Trust
- KT20 5RU
All our facilities are fully accessible.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Sunday
- Time of day
The Children's Trust is funded by NHS England via National Specialist Commissioning or via CCGs.
- Age Ranges
- 0 - 19
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We have a dedicated placements and commissioning team who are happy to discuss (formally or informally) the referral process of each of our services, admissions criteria and the assessment process. Please contact them on 01737 365080 or email email@example.com. Enquiries are accepted from parents and professionals.
- Providing services to
Disabled children/young people
We offer rehabilitation and other services for children and young people with acquired brain injury:
- Intensive residential rehabilitation programmes
- Community-based rehabilitation via our Brain Injury Community Team
- Family support via our Brain Injury Specialist service
- Information and advice for parents and other family members at our Brain Injury Hub website
Expert nursing and medical care for children with multiple disabilities and complex health needs:
- Services for technology-dependent children (inc tracheostomy, ventilator, gastrostomy, enteral feeding etc)
- Short breaks
- Transitional care from hospital to home for technology-dependent children
- Palliative care
- Holiday camps for children with disabilities and complex health needs
Special education for children and young people with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and complex health needs:
- Residential and day education for children aged 3 upwards at The Children's Trust School
Our site is fully wheelchair accessible.
For more information please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting people with
Last checked on 01/11/2018
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely