We are looking for an experienced, qualified and passionate Deputy Manager to join our team. Level 3 or above or teacher status. WUFA Pre-School is a thriving setting based on the grounds of Woodstock Primary School. We have great staff retention, offer a competitive salary for the right candidate, team building days, sick pay. We have an open office door policy, offering a warm and inviting place of work.
"We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Preferred candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check)."
Start Date: September 3rd 2019 or sooner for the right candidate
Working Hours: Monday – Friday: 8.15 - 3.30 (Term Time only)
Salary: Highly competitive and negotiable for the right candidate
NOTE: This exciting opportunity can be stand alone or combined with our Breakfast Club & After School Club Co-ordinator in Woodstock position that we are also currently advertising for. We are open to discussion and negotiation on all, please ask!
What we are looking for:
- Level 3 or above or Teacher status, with at least 2 years childcare experience and ideally experience in the role of Deputy
- The ability to lead a team and communicate at all levels
- Thorough understanding of the EYFS, Changes to the Inspection Framework, Cycle of observation assessing and individual planning for children
- Understanding of the importance of Safeguarding within childcare, policies and procedures
- Understanding of OFSTED requirements
- A willingness to undertake appropriate training
- A sense of fun and enthusiasm, coupled with a mature responsible attitude
- To support the manager in the day to day running of the setting
- Act as a point of contact for children, parents and staff.
- The ability to deliver to OFSTED in the absence of Manager
- To ensure delivery of the highest quality childcare across all sessions
- To lead by example, support and challenge staff to reach their full potential
- To maintain operational standards in relations to the EYFS
- We currently use Tapestry (Online Learning Journals) a knowledge of this would be beneficial
- Safeguarding Lead training will be required/given
WUFA adheres to Safer Recruitment and as such references will be requested and obtained prior to employment. WUFA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our preferred candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check. CV’s will not be accepted as an application.