The Oxfordshire Youth Justice Service is a partnership between county council departments (social and health care, community safety, resources), Thames Valley Police, County Magistrates, Mental Health Trust, NHS Primary Care Trust and the Youth Offending/National Probation Service. Its aims are to:
- Prevent re-offending
- Help young people repair the damage they have caused by thinking about the effect it has on their victims
- Encourage young people and their families to take responsibility for their offending
- Reintegrate offenders into the wider community
- Contribute to protecting the public by supporting local crime-reduction
- Also provides an "appropriate adult" for adults held in custody.