Come and join our team of Youth Support Workers!
Summer and Easter work
£10 per hour
Flexible casual work
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced people to join our team of Youth Support Workers to work during the Summer and Easter school holidays.
You will assist with running our fun Summer and Easter Activities for 8-17 year olds with autism (Asperger's Syndrome /Higher Functioning Autism). You will support young people to participate in activities; facilitate social skills and friendships; and assist your colleagues.
- Flexible work - You can select the days you work.
- Summer and Easter work – at our Holiday Activities.
- Occasional term-time work – at our youth groups - evenings and Saturday mornings
- Hours and locations vary.
- Working in a specialist, friendly and highly regarded team.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
People who can demonstrate skills and professional experience in:
- Group work with young people on the autism spectrum.
- Effective communication with young people on the autism spectrum.
- Excellent social skills and ability to facilitate play and friendships.
- Using your initiative and working maturely and responsibly.
- Working as part of a team.
Closing Date: We do not have a closing date - we are looking for several candidates and will recruit as & when we receive applications.
We encourage applications in May-June for Summer work; and Dec-Feb for Easter work.
Note: Offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 2 satisfactory references.
Please read the Job Description and refer to the Essential Criteria – if you have the essential criteria we are looking for – we would love to hear from you!
Visit our website www.afso.org.uk/vacancies for the Job Description and Application Form.