Our values (what is important to us)
We strive to ensure that all young people that attend Oxfordshire’s Special Schools have an opportunity to enjoy play and leisure activities of their own choosing with appropriate support.
What we do
We work with children, young people and their families to:
- Establish which families would like to access out of school play and leisure provision.
- Identify children's/families requirements and needs and match them with an out of school leisure provider.
- Provide confidential and impartial information and advice? to support parents/carers and children to access play and leisure services. Signpost and support parents/carers to access additional services to meet the needs of the family.
- Assist children and their parents/carers during the process of settling into out of school provision.
- Identify sources of funding to help enable children and young people to use the provision chosen by the family.
- We work with out of school play and leisure providers to identify what each is able to offer in terms of support for disabled children and children with additional needs. We aim to work closely with staff and colleagues in partner organisations to improve outcomes for all children and young people.
- We may provide play and leisure opportunities within our individual schools.
How and when we do it
OSLOs all work part time. We work in a number of special schools across the county. If your school has an OSLO, we can be contacted during school hours via your child’s school.
Who we offer this service to
Children and young people that attend Oxfordshire’s Special Schools.