Cygnets Preschool Vision
We will work together to make Cygnets Preschool the best it can be!
Cygnets Preschool is committed to providing outstanding quality childcare that supports individual needs, promotes self-esteem, curiosity, cultural diversity and equal opportunity, while promoting individual growth to its highest potential.
We at Cygnets Preschool believe that learning should be fun in order to be successful. When children are provided a safe, secure and stimulating environment and given the opportunity to learn through self-initiated and some directed activities in small and large groups, they learn through experimentation, enquiry and exploration by actively discovering concepts at their own pace. Our topics support the child’s intellectual, social, emotional and physical growth and encourage the continued growth and education of families and staff.
A fundamental part of our beliefs is communication, primarily strong links between home and preschool and the communication between staff and parents/carers. This relationship is facilitated through a steady stream of information from our staff and administrator to parents via e-mail, daily or weekly journals, newsletters, closed Facebook updates, and an open-door policy for any and all questions and concerns.
Our Mission Statement
- Provide high standards of learning and teaching offering a high quality preschool education with a broad balanced curriculum building on and extending the children’s interests through play, encouraging them to be successful learners.
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment that encourages individual, social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth in children from two years to four and a half years.
- Participation in consistent team work between staff and parents/carers.
- Respect individual needs and differences, responding appropriately to the needs of its children, parents/carers, staff and the community.
- To encourage independence, perseverance and concentration.
- To ensure a smooth transition from one stage to the next.
- To ensure each child is equally valued and to value childhood as a stage of life.
- To develop an awareness, understanding and respect for the rich diversity of the local community, celebrating each other’s differences.
Our Core Values -
- Believe in the potential of each person
- Value teamwork because cooperative efforts produce superior results
- Recognise that individuals contribute more when given more authority and accountability at their disposal
- Show respect and concern for each other
- Value diversity
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable work environment that offers personal job satisfaction and professional growth
- Know parents’ requirements and expectations, and working to meet and exceed them
- Define our services to the parents up front in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate personal commitment to providing excellent childcare and a broad balanced curriculum building on and extending the children’s interests through play, encouraging them to be successful learners
- Believe that everything can be improved
- Achieve excellence in maintaining a safe, healthy and clean child friendly preschool
- Take ownership and pride in what we do
- Treat others the way we want to be treated
- Demonstrate integrity in all our relationships
- Maintain honest and ethical behaviour in all our activities
- Place high priority on building trust
- Consistently do what we say we will do
- Communicate candidly, frankly and constructively
- Have exemplary relationships with children and their parents/carers
- Be innovative, creative, productive and efficient
- Challenge and review past practices for continuous improvement
- Exercise personal initiative
- Listen and share ideas with others
- Be proactive in creating change that can lead to our achieving greater success