Mental Health Awareness for Oxfordshire Parents and Carers
Young People’s Mental Health Awareness session for Parents and Carers
This online course is free for Oxfordshire residents, please use the first part of your postcode as the promo code when purchasing the tickets online.
We deliver various sessions of this event across the year – check the other dates available by clicking here
The session primarily considers the mental health of adolescents and young adults.
The session aims to help parents and carers to:
- Identify emotional distress
- Know where, and how, to signpost children and young people if you, or they, have a concern
- Learn practical strategies to help with listening to, and supporting, children and young people
- Develop your understanding of the wide range of factors and variables that can impact on children and young people’s mental health
- Feel more confident and less fearful having ‘the conversation’ with your child or young person
The session last 1.5 hours and include presentations and group work, providing the opportunity to speak with other parents and carers about young people’s mental health.
Prior to the session, a Zoom link will be sent by email to those who have registered for this event.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Erika De Filippo
- Contact Position
- Training Coordinator
- Oxfordshire Youth
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Online event
- Free for Oxfordshire Residents
- Referral Details
Check the dates of the event by clicking here
- Providing services to
Record managed by Oxfordshire Family Information Service
See: Help on how to choose services safely