GLADS Day Centre Oxfordshire
GLADS Day Centre is based at our main Guideposts site in Witney, on the Two Rivers Estate (opposite Sainsbury’s). We offer a range of activities throughout the week, and you will often see us out and about in the local area.
Who is the service for?
We support anyone over the age of 18, diagnosed with a learning difficulty. This means that our staff are experienced in supporting individuals with a very wide range of support needs, whilst providing the individuals we support with a much broader scope for social interaction.
Everything we do is tailored to suit individual needs and preferences, our members are fully involved in shaping our programme of exciting and rewarding activities, with frequent forums for discussing needs, wants and differences, to ensure each individual member feels involved, valued, and respected.
What sort of things do we do?
Some examples of activities enjoyed by current GLADS members include:
* Sport and movement at the local leisure centre, including: football, aerobics, boccia, and racket sports
* Music therapy
* Shopping, cooking, and cleaning up afterwards
* Gardening at our purpose built therapeutic garden
* Supported computer use
* Art and photography projects
* Training and support with social and health care issues