The Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) grant application process for the summer holidays is now open for Oxfordshire - the closing date is 21st May
The Department for Education (DfE) is providing funding to local authorities to coordinate a programme that provides healthy food and enriching activities to disadvantaged children during the 2021 Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays.
We are seeking to engage with a wide network of community-based organisations, including existing holiday care providers, schools, childminders, sports coaching, creative and performing arts providers and many others. Healthy meals must also be provided, and each activity session must last for a minimum of four hours a day, for at least four days a week for:
- four weeks in the summer, and
- a week at Christmas
All children in Oxfordshire who receive benefits related Free School Meals will be eligible to take part in the activities.
Grants will be awarded to organisations who can demonstrate an ability to deliver:
- high quality enriching activities
- provide healthy meals
- skills, activities/classes aimed at helping children and their parents to make healthy and affordable choices
- a positive legacy that lasts longer than the experience
For further details read our grant application guidance under the "Downloads" Section on the right side of this page.
The application form can be found under the "Downloads" Section on the right side of this page.
- Value for money. Will you use volunteers or link with other providers?
- Age - the Easter delivery, whilst successful, was heavily focused on primary age children, we want to have provision for all.
- Interests - Not everyone is interested in sport. Programmes should deliver 60 minutes of physical activity each day but this can be delivered in various ways.
- Rural Locations - We want to ensure we have provision across the county, if you want to know what numbers of eligible children and young people are in certain areas, get in touch with us.
- Relationships already in place within the community - demonstrating strong established relationships can really help your application stand out.
If you need help or have any questions about completing this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Record managed by Activities Oxfordshire