Information for Activity Providers: Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme
The Department for Education (DfE) is providing funding to local authorities to coordinate a programme that provides healthy hot food and enriching activities to disadvantaged children during the 2023 Spring (otherwise known as Easter), Summer and Winter (otherwise known as Christmas) Holidays.
We are seeking to engage with a wide network of community-based organisations, including existing holiday care providers, schools, childminders, sports coaching, creative and performing arts providers and many others. Healthy, hot meals must also be provided, and each activity session must last for a minimum of four hours a day.
All children in Oxfordshire who are in receipt of benefits-related Free School Meals will be eligible to take part in the activities.
Funding will be awarded to organisations who can demonstrate an ability to deliver:
- high quality enriching activities
- provide healthy hot meals
- skills, activities/classes aimed at helping children and their parents to make healthy and affordable choices
- a positive legacy that lasts longer than the experience
If you are an activity provider, full details and how to apply for funding can be found on the following link:
How to Apply
All applications have to be come through the ProActis portal:
Key Considerations When Completing your Bid
- Value for money - Will you use volunteers or link with other providers?
- Age - so far delivery, whilst successful, was heavily focused on primary age children. We want to have provision for all ages.
- Interests - Not everyone is interested in sport. Programmes should deliver 60 minutes of physical activity each day but this can be delivered in various ways.
- Rural Locations - We want to ensure we have provision across the county. If you want to know what numbers of eligible children and young people are in certain areas, get in touch with us.
- Relationships already in place within the community - demonstrating strong established relationships can really help your application stand out.
Contact details for applications and using the portal can be found on the proactis portal.
If you need help or have any questions about the HAF criteria, please email email@example.com
Steps for Approved Providers
Approved Providers need to bid for subsequent rounds after their initial round is confirmed. If you are successful in joining the Open Framework, you will receive an email with a link on how to apply for subsequent rounds. Please ensure you keep this email safe. Please also ensure there is more than one user listed on your account on Proactis so that more than one email address receives the link
Approved providers will receive an email on how to register an account on the Coordinate Booking website and list activities.
They can then login and update activities via this link: https://app.coordinate.cloud/
Record managed by Activities Oxfordshire